17 x 16 x 2 inch thick End Grain French Oak Butcher Block Solid Wood Large Cutting Board
This 2-inch thick END-GRAIN solid hardwood butcher block from is the ultimate companion for your culinary experience. Sized to fit perfectly and slide on the built-in ledges of your workstation sinks. In dual-tier workstation sinks, it fits on both the upper and lower tiers. End-grain means the board is made of short pieces of wood standing on their end (vertically instead of sideways). This gives a beautiful checkered finish, and a cutting surface that is strong and durable. The surface is made of the fibrous ends of the wood, and with every blow the knife slide between the wood fibers. This helps keep your knives sharper and makes your chopping a pleasure. You can use this butcher block by itself on top of your counter, or if you have workstation sink, it sits and slides conveniently on top of your sink.
- SOLID FRENCH OAK WOOD: French oak has a naturally light color and a beautiful grain pattern, making it an ideal choice for butcher blocks.
- 2 INCHES THICK: Extra thick and heavy-duty -- hardwood construction makes this cutting board extremely sturdy and durable.
- END-GRAIN CONSTRUCTION: Better for your knives, more resilient and durable under heavy use, and is naturally resistant to bacteria and mold.
- COMPATIBLE WITH WORKSTATION SINKS: This butcher block fits on all workstation kitchen sinks including single tier (Roma, Verona and Siena series) and dual tier sinks. It slides on the ledges built into your workstation sink.
- DIMENSIONS: 17" (length) x 15-3/4" (width) x 2" (height)
- NATURALLY RESISTANT: Due to the end-grain surface, naturally resistant to bacterial, mold, and mildew.
- SOFTER ON KNIVES: End-grain surface of this board ensures your knife stays sharp even after heavy use.
- FOOD-SAFE: Stained and sealed with FDA Approved food-grade vegetable tannin and mineral oil.
- FEATURES RUBBER FEET: Thick heavy duty BPA-free rubber feet attached to the board with stainless steel screws.
- CONDITIONER INCLUDED: Includes sample bottle of Howard's wood conditioner, one of the most trusted names in Butcher Block care products.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED: Never leave your butcher block wet or soaked in water. Do not put it in the dishwasher. Wipe off any liquid or water after use and let air dry.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Condition regularly with the included wood conditioner or with food-grade mineral oil or vegetable to keep the wood grain sealed and healthy.
- NOTE: Color and grain pattern of the wood may vary slightly from the pictures since each piece is uniquely handcrafted from natural wood.
- One (1) Year Limited Warranty - Special order item available within 2-3 weeks.